On Sat, 2019-02-09 at 00:38 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 6:56 PM Patrick O'Callaghan
> <pocallag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > With the most recent versions of VirtualBox, the shared folder is not
> > > working properly as before.
> > >
> > > My guest machine is running Windows 7, and the shared folder works
> > > fine during some time. However, after some time, the connection to the
> > > shared folder gets lost. Are other people experiencing the same? Any
> > > workaround?
> >
> > Not with VB, but I recently spent a week tracking down an issue with
> > KVM/QEMU which turned out to be caused by an interaction between my VPN
> > and the firewall. Even if you don't have a VPN, start by checking your
> > firewall settings, including the zone the guest network is in. If the
> > shared folder uses SMB you need to enable that service (and of course
> > make sure Samba is running on the host system).
>
> Thanks, Patrick, but if it was something related with the firewall,
> the shared folder would never work -- and it works for some time
> (several minutes). Do not you agree?

That's very similar to what I experienced, but in fact it did turn out
to be a combination of the firewall and the VPN. See the (long) thread
at:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/5TR4J7KU77ZRHHMWXCOYGNQ2HFPPGZA4/

Of course your case may be completely different, but it's worth
checking your firewall settings just in case.

poc