On Wed, 22 May 2019, Samuel Sieb wrote:

On 5/22/19 8:20 AM, Max Pyziur wrote:
Are there any recommendations for canonical/authoritative guides for using MIDI on Fedora?

That's a wide topic. Could you explain more specifically what you want to do?

I'm fluent in things like working with Musecore; by default using some sort of MIDI process it plays back whatever I annote. Transcribe! is a great resource for me.

However, My first few tries at MIDI setup (trying to get Rosengarden working) on my Fedora machines didn't work.

I've googled for links that offer step-by-step instructions. I've tried to follow them. Other projects and distractions have gotten in the way.

So my request is to this Fedora Community, that knowledgebase, not Google's, for some sort of authoritative guidance on implementing MIDI on a Fedora based system.

My laptop is a Dell XPS 13 L322X w an i7 processor; my desktop is a homespun Shuttle PC box.

As some first projects, I'd like to create some backing tracks for practicing my keyboard (some walking bass lines and drums). Stuff like that.

Much thanks,

Max