On Fri, 24 May 2019, Seth Kenlon wrote:

Specific to Rosegarden, I wrote this article:
https://opensource.com/article/18/3/make-sweet-music-digital-audio-workstation-rosegarden

For more general information about Linux and MIDI and Audio and
...stuff... I maintain a whole website on the topic. The catch is,
it's not specific to Fedora (and in fact is specific to Slackware, the
distro I use at home and, in the past, as a multimedia infrastructure
consultant). That said, there's a lot of useful information that
actually does apply equally to Fedora (and RHEL).

Rosegarden (again): http://slackermedia.info/handbook/doku.php?id=rosegarden

MIDI and Linux: http://slackermedia.info/handbook/doku.php?id=midi

JACK: http://slackermedia.info/handbook/doku.php?id=jack

I hope some of these are useful!

Much thanks for this; these are very helpful.

After reading some, I checked to see if I had the necessary software installed (I do).

I then began working through your Rosengarden item. I connected my USB MIDI controller ((Akai LPK25).

Started jackd, then qjacktl, and then Rosengarden.

I loaded a MIDI file, pushed "play," and I get no sound. That's where I get stuck.

As I mentioned, I can work w MuseScore, Transcribe!, Audacity, strip audio from videos using ffmpeg, etc.

So, it seems that there are some services that need to be enabled/started or disabled/stopped to move further here.

Thank you again,