On 9/17/19 7:09 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
This, I'm pretty sure, relies on package-kit on the back-end.

A note here.  Not being an active gnome user I relied on my memory as opposed
to not testing.  Part of that was due (excuse) to not having a working gnome VM.

I recalled that doing updates on gnome wouldn't result in info recorded with
dnf (history).

Well, I just installed a F31 gnome VM and found that updates and installs using
the gnome-software util do what I recall it not doing in the past.

I don't know enough about how gnome-software goes about setting up the reboot
process to do the updates.  That appears to me to be the question.

--
If simple questions can be answered with a simple google query then why are
there so many of them?