On Fri, 2019-09-20 at 07:24 -0700, stan via users wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 15:32:35 +0800
> Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <teo.en.ming.smartph...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > [I wanna make pictures]
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by rendering here, but if you mean
> changing
> frame dimensions, transposing, or other compute intensive operations,
> think you have described the problem below.  Commercial enterprises
> use
> render farms to do these operations, and even they take a long time.
> You could look for articles about places like Pixar to see if they
> mention the computing power they use to get a better idea.
>
> > [snip]

I agree.  The only real solution for this if you are rendering a long
video is to break it up and use a render farm.  That's the bad
news.  The good news is that you can do that *relatively* cheap with
linux and raspberry pi, or with those crappy old laptops you've
replaced over the years but haven't quite thrown away.  When you farm
it out like that, you can use cheap boxes with crappy processors and
it's OK -- because that's not where you savings in time comes from.

The modeling software Blender now has a "reasonable" video editor
module as long as you are not trying to do hard core stuff, and it
supports network rendering with a plugin.

Here's a discussion  setting up a render farm in Blender (using macs):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3EcpkwLCFI

Here's a pointer to farm management software for Blender:

https://www.flamenco.io/

However, please consider this just a pointer.  The last time I did this
kind of rendering was a couple of years ago.

Note that you don't have to use linux for this -- these are cross
platform apps, but linux saves you that used dirty feel in the morning.

billo