Noted with thanks jdow.

On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 at 06:19, jdow <j...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On 20190921 08:50:20, stan via users wrote:
> > On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 13:59:23 +0800
> > Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <teo.en.ming.smartph...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> What I mean is combining multiple smaller 4K video clips into a
> >> bigger, single 4K video and at the same time, allowing me to add
> >> layers of watermarks into the 4K video.
> >
> > Disclaimer:  haven't done this, not an expert
> >
> > If you are concatenating several segments of 4k video, that should be
> > fast because there is no encoding or decoding.  It would be best to do
> > this as a separate step, creating the final concatenated video as an output.
> > untested ffmpeg command to concatenate all the files
> >
> > ffmpeg -i [list of input files] -codec copy [concatenated output file]
> >
> > yields a single file of a name you choose containing all the input files
> > in the order you list them
> >
> > Adding the watermark is the piece that takes so long, because the
> > video has to be decoded, every frame filtered to add the watermark, and
> > re-encoded before writing to the output.
>
> FWIW I was playing mpeg/mjpeg/avi for watermark and video, two channels, and
> cross fading or cross squeezing with live video for branding and news room
> work
> back around 2005 live for HD with Matrox DSX cards on Windows. Back then the
> Matrox people were unable to make nearly enough performance out of their cards
> with Linux so they abandoned the effort. That may have changed, especially
> with
> Windows 10 putting itself in the way of clean honest video work at every step
> of
> the way. So this is just a benchmark of what WAS possible. nVidia based
> systems
> were doing approximately as well back then. In calculating what you want to do
> and how to do it be sure to calculate bus usage into the picture. With all the
> program I had authored was doing bus transfers became an issue as did, it
> turns
> out, the bus transfers between CPU chips in a multiple CPU system. Everything
> you can think of needs to be figured out with simple arithmetic to make sure
> you
> are not demanding more out of your system than it can deliver. It's not just a
> software issue. It's GPU cycles, CPU cycles, OS overhead, bus speeds, CPU to
> CPU
> bus speeds, and probably other more exotic issues such as page sizes that
> matter.
>
> Apple and Windows are the places with the really good software for this last I
> knew, which is some time ago. I'm retired now. Linux at the time was extremely
> anemic in comparison. You MAY have to embrace one of the devils.
>
> {o.o}

-----BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic
Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019 and refugee seeking attempts at the
United Nations Refugee Agency Bangkok (21 Mar 2017) and in Taiwan (5
Aug 2019):

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming