On 07Oct2019 01:00, Marko Vojinovic <vvma...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, 06 Oct 2019 18:05:02 +0200
alcir...@gmail.com wrote:
It could it be related to this change:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/31/ChangeSet#Disable_Root_Password_Login_in_SSH

As a side question --- I remember that this was the default for
upstream OpenSSH since 2015, but was not adopted in Fedora because
people who install Fedora on headless machines (or remotely) would have
no other way of logging in after initial installation. So why the change
of heart now, what happened to the headless login issue?

Because one can generally set up a normal user, log in as them, then su or sudo. IMO it is nuts to allow direct root login to your machine as root, let alone as root-via-password. Just asking to be hacked.

And yes I've got a number of headless machines.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>