On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 20:12:55 +0100 "Patrick Dupre" wrote:
>>   vncviewer -via pdupre@euripide :1

> Very good, I get

> I can connect, but I just get a xclock.

Probably due to half brojen VNC session:

> lsof -i tcp:5901
> COMMAND   PID   USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
> Xvnc    10283 pdupre    6u  IPv4 203381      0t0  TCP *:5901 (LISTEN)
> Xvnc    10283 pdupre    7u  IPv6 203382      0t0  TCP *:5901 (LISTEN)

This is probably the vncserver@:1.service that failed to stop
properly.

Kill this Xvnc process and start again vncserver@:1.service.

> (This connection is not secure).

Wrong message from vncviewer. It's secure bcause goes through the SSH
tunnel

> Any gnome session is started (like with remmina).

remmina, as vncviewer, only connect to the VNC session.

> It seems that something is missing, but the .bashrc are identical on
> both machines which are running the same version of fedora.

As said before:

  - this is the ~/.vnc/xstartup file that determines what session to
    spawn.
  - running two gnome-session on the same machine will probably not
    work.

> I always run remmina in
> VNC viewer mode, in ssh tunnel

That should do the same as "vncviewer -via"

--
francis