On 2020-02-28 07:02, home user wrote:
> On 2020-02-27 10:57 PM, Ed wrote:
>
> > Do this command in a terminal.  I'm assuming the command
> > base64 exists on your system.
> > echo 4oCcRWQNCg== | base64 -d > Ed
> > Then cat the file Ed
>
> 4oCcRWQNCg==?  Wow.  How did you come up with that?!  I get the open double
> quite into my comment files by copying it from google translate.  Same with
> close double quotes and vowels (both lower and upper case) with tone marks.
> What is the better way?  Same question with 'u' and 'U' with the two dots
> above.  More difficult: 'u' or 'U', with the two dots above *and* tone marks.

The command base64 either encodes or decodes.  Without the -d means encode.  So,

echo "whatever string" | base64

gets you the encoded value.

The "better way" is if you really need the "AR PL UKai CN Book 16" font is to
use a real text editor.

But, if you will be looking at the text mostly in a terminal, then find a
monospace font you can live with.

> Your prediction is correct; I see the open double quote and the 'E' in the
> same position.

I had no doubt.

--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.