On 3/24/20 10:14 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 17:05:34 -0000
marco stocchi wrote:

Since Tom can run Dovecot, I suspect that I missed some configuration. Or maybe
it is necessary to enable the process to open lower ports like 587?

I apparently am not using 587 though, so that might have something
to do with it :-). (I have a very simple config just to use
dovecot for local mail storage on my desktop so I can change
mail clients without losing mail :-).

Dovecot is an IMAP(s) POP3(s) server. It has no need for accepting anything on ports 25, 465, or 587. Those are smtp ports. If anything you might need open ports on 110, 995, 143, and 993, depending on which mailbox services are offered.

Mike Wright