On 08/04/2020 14:37, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2020-04-08 at 20:28 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
I don't know how it works where you live, but in the UK the autumn
switch occurs at 2am, which reverts back to being 1am. Thus a time such
as 1:30am occurs twice, and events programmed for that time can be
triggered twice.

BUT, we are specifically addressing the OP's situation and the time in his
crontab ISN'T within the
time frame of when BST (the OP is in the UK) starts/ends.
Yes, that's clear. I was simply answering the general question (since
you said "to/from DST"), even though it doesn't apparently affect cron
as such, as documented in the manual.

poc

Note this has happened a few times this year, (approx 1 in 64 x) so not related to DST changes anyway. Might be due to chrony clock resyncs I suppose but I think something stranger is going on here or something silly and obvious in what I am doing.

I will have a more detailed look at the system and my backup shell script and create a simple test cron job to see if it shows the same thing ...

Terry