On Sun, 2020-05-03 at 07:58 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 2020-05-03 07:54, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > I suppose, for testing, I'll download from the blender site and try
> > it?
>
> Well, I just download the tar file, extracted and ran.
>
> And, it detected my GPU just fine.
>
> GeForce GTX 660 (Display)
>
> So, it would seem the disable CUDA was intentional on Fedora
> Project's part.

Well, I just rendered a scene or two and turning the GPU on didn't
really speed up rendering subjectively (though I haven't done a real
timing yet). It may be broken.  I'd been reading about these huge
speedups with the NVIDIA GPU, and I was excited to see if it was true
when I got my new laptop.  It was disappointing.  But I'll switch over
to the Blender groups for followup for that.

billo