On 2/6/20 3:44 am, stan via users wrote:
On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 15:23:26 +0200
"Patrick Dupre" <pdu...@gmx.com> wrote:

Thanks,

Actually, I am lost.
I am upgrading one of the systems on a multi-disks system.
1) I realized that one system is not efi, while the other ones are.
2) After I upgraded this system. I can boot it, but it is weird.
a) There was no update of the grub menu (I boot fc32, while the
invitation is still fc30)
b) grub2-mkconfig has not been run
c) grub2-mkconfig (manually) did not recognized by the booted system
except through set root='hd2,msdos3', but no menuentry for this
system.
I've exhausted my knowledge.  I'll make some suggestions, but no
guarantees.

Check /etc/default/grub on the F32 system, and make sure that all the
entries are correct for the F32 system.  It needs to have
GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=true
somewhere in there so that boot loader snippets will work.
GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=true is in /etc/default/grub by default to use the new BLS boot loader standard, which as I understand it if this is active then grub menus are not used, hence /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg would never be updated on new kernel installs, as again as I understand it BLS writes the boot loader rather than it being written by grub. I don't like the menu display created by BLS as it is the same as the menus created by grubby, which I also hated. Consequently I have GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=false in /etc/default/grub and I manually issue the command grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg so that I get the boot menu structure that I want.

regards,
Steve

Look in /boot/loader/entries/ on the F32 system, and make sure that
there is an entry for each of the F32 kernels that you have installed.

Go into /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/ and run
grub2-mkconfig -o grub.cfg

A reboot should now show F32 as a viable boot option, and as the
default.