On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 09:38:56 -0400 (EDT)
Max Pyziur <p...@brama.com> wrote:

> I mostly use Python/MatPlotLib for my graphing charting needs for a
> bunch of self-built, production-oriented things I require.
>
> However, once in a while I need to assemble something ad-hoc, and I
> generally revert to MS Excel because of fidelity and functionality.
>
> I've tried doing the same within Gnumeric and Libreoffice, but the
> results are considerably less compelling than that of MS Excel.
>
> Would there be any recommendations on what's available w/in the Linux
> world that should be evaluated in this regard?

Gnuplot is an excellent scientific plotting program, which has been
around a long time and is still actively developed.  Once can use it
for ad-hoc graphs, save the configuration and then clean it up ina
text editor for final output.  It's also Makefile friendly for
automated workflows.

R also has excellent statistical graphs, especially with the R-ggplot2
package.  It's also automation friendly.

Jim