On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 12:36 AM stan via users <
users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> In Intel's defense, they have to be very cautious with updating the
> microcode.  I imagine that getting it wrong could have consequences up
> to and including bricking the machine.  Or it could introduce another
> subtle vulnerability.  This isn't something that's coded and thrown in
> over night.

Ok just providing some closure.

It seems the microcode has been reverted back to its last stable version.
Not sure if "last stable version" means protection against SRDBS or not.

It was done due to stability concerns identified by Intel.

Here are the updates from the Github issue:

https://github.com/intel/Intel-Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-Files/issues/38#issuecomment-664041476

No idea if this will be fixed at all.
--
Regards,