On 2020-10-05 16:07, Mike Wright wrote:
On 2020-10-05 15:09, Roger Heflin wrote:
you need output from "top"

It is the same as htop with less data.  Both
show virtually no activity.  But htop does show
core 2 being swamped with something

When running "top" press "1".  It will give you specifics on each core/thread.

"top" with "1" pressed:
https://ibb.co/mCFKRF7

Not really seeing anything useful.  Maybe I am missing something.

Look at %Cpu1.  It is using 91.5% of its time servicing hardware interrupts.  I looked at two different boxes and neither of them show anything > 0.0 on 4 cores or 12 cores.

Maybe it's time to start unplugging devices until that time comes down. Then you'll have a culprit.

I do not understand.  Cpu 2 is the issue, not cpu 1.

And what do you mean by devices?  I do not even have an flash
drives plugged in.

Part 2 :/

If you have no external devices then it must be internal.  Could a drive be failing?  Motherboard?

Perhaps.  But a reboot would not clear it up if that
was the case.