On 2020-10-05 19:20, Tim via users wrote:
On Mon, 2020-10-05 at 17:15 -0700, ToddAndMargo via users wrote:
I think I am going to replace the parallel port card
"just because"

If your parallel port is on a card, then simply removing the card ought
to show whether *it* is the problem.

Peripherals are a prime area of hardware failure.  When you have two
mains powered devices hooked together, and one or more of them isn't
earthed, or you connect them together while the equipment is on, it's
very easy to zap components.  They mayn't die instantly, but can be
weakened.

Peripherals connected between buildings, or even between rooms, also
suffer the same kind of risk.

It decides when to poop out.  It is not all
that easy to reproduce.

Basically, it poops out when I need it the most.