On 2020-10-30 12:13, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 10/30/20 2:20 AM, Todd Chester via users wrote:
Just a refresher. If I add a new piece of presumably supported
hardware to my computer, do I need to run some kind of scan
to add it to the fray?  Or does a reboot take care of that?

If it's hardware you can add while it's running, then it's most likely something that can be auto-detected live.  Otherwise, you have to shutdown the computer anyway and it will be picked up on boot.  The only time you have to worry about dracut is for devices that are required for booting.

It is not required.  And it did not work anyway.  I will
post a new thread when I get a chance.