Hello!

I ran into a problem where I'm not getting automatic updates in the way I would
expect. I went looking in Gnome Software, and it shows me the button to reboot
and apply updates, but clicking on it pops up an error, saying that the
prepared update could not be found. Updating does not, of course, apply any
update in this case.

I took at look at journalctl when Gnome Software is looking for updates, and
found two messages, first saying "couldn't parse execption
'org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transaction.NumberOfPackagesInvalid', please
report" though I don't quite know what I'm supposed to report and where.

The other message first has a long list of packages, and then ends with "Too
many packages to process (7664/5200)". Now, that is indeed a lot of packages,
but I don't think unreasonably so, because most of them come from texlive.

I can, of course, update with dnf, but I was wondering if there is a way to
raise the limit of packages packagekit is willing to process so I wouldn't have
to worry about it?

--
Terveisin / Regards,
Matti Pulkkinen