On Thu, 2020-11-26 at 07:36 +0000, J.Witvliet--- via users wrote:
> Once in a while we come across thumb-drives, that after using a
> couple of times, can’t even be reformatted.

Some people leave them plugged in all the time, and although they think
only that they're using them occasionally, they're getting warm from
whatever their computer was doing in the background.

I view thumb drives as some temporary media for sneakernetting, I'd
never rely on them for storage.

But, I wonder, those having trouble with them:  Are they buying the
cheap and nasty ones?

--

uname -rsvp
Linux 3.10.0-1160.6.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Nov 17 13:59:11 UTC 2020 x86_64

Boilerplate:  All unexpected mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.