> Am 13.01.2021 um 00:46 schrieb Bill Oliver <ven...@billoblog.com>:
>
> On Mon, 2021-01-11 at 21:47 +0100, Peter Boy wrote:
>>> Am 11.01.2021 um 19:24 schrieb Bill Oliver <ven...@billoblog.com>:
>>>

>> I hope I do not misunderstand your requirements. You need not set up
>> a system user to allow mail usage. You just create all your mail
>> users in dovecot (/etc/dovecot/users) using doveadm and configure
>> postfix to authenticate against dovecot (virtual mailboxes in postfix
>> speech). The mail ist stored at e.g. /home/vmail/<domain>/<user> and
>> everything is managed by dovecot (vmail being the dovecot process
>> owner).
>>
>> [snip]
>
> Thanks.  I had no idea. Dovecot seems a bit opaque to me.  I'll read up
> on it.

I found the following quite helpful:

Thomas Leistner: https://thomas-leister.de/mailserver-debian-stretch/ (Debian
Stretch 2019)
Thomas Leistner: https://thomas-leister.de/mailserver-unter-ubuntu-16.04/
(older Version)
Nausch (CentOS 7): https://dokuwiki.nausch.org/doku.php/centos:mail_c7:start
Ivan Tomica (CentOS 8):
https://www.tomica.net/blog/2019/10/self-hosted-email-server (2019)

If you are a bit fluent in German,  I could send you my instructions for our
local installations. I plan to contribute this as part of the Fedora Server
documentation / howtos. But that will take some time.

Best
Peter