On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 1:51 AM Tim via users
<users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > I just used Zoom for the first time, this morning.  I had a ferret
> > around, but although I can see an option in meeting (advanced)
> > settings to enable it, I saw nothing else anywhere to actually make
> > use of it.  This is using their system through a web browser
> > (Firefox).
>
> Supplemental:  I just downloaded their desktop application (RPM file on
> CentOS, so Fedora's probably more advanced).  In there there's a
> virtual background configuration option, and the background colour is
> selectable (you click on the background in the preview from your webcam
> video).
>
> Currently, I'm in a room with pale yellow/cream walls and it's sort of
> working, mistaking some skin tone.  If I was in a room with different
> coloured walls it'd work better.  I do have green walls in a room with
> a Fedora installation, so I'll try that out shortly.
>
> So, a green "screen" isn't required.  But you really want a flat
> coloured wall behind you.  I work in video production, and for those
> unfamiliar with chromakeying, or colour separation overlay (CSO), bold
> primary or secondary colours are best (red, green, blue, yellow, cyan,
> magenta), and you're better using colours opposite to skin tone (green,
> blue, cyan being the most opposite).

Thank you all again for your answers. I have meanwhile found something
that gives me some hope: Using OBS Studio as a virtual camera on Zoom
with obs-StreamFX plugin on:

https://github.com/Xaymar/obs-StreamFX

Now, my difficulty is how to install obs-StreamFX.

Paul