On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 4:37 PM Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2021-03-22 at 06:12 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > On 22/03/2021 02:27, Chris Murphy wrote:
> > > Some folks are reporting a hang when booting Fedora 33 this morning
> > > (or also possibly wake from sleep). We're still digging into it but
> > > looks like a work around right now is to boot with parameter:
> > > systemd.mask=raid-check.timer
> > >
> > > You can subsequently 'systemctl disable raid-check.timer'. Folks
> > > with
> > > md raid setups might want to set a reminder to enable the timer
> > > again
> > > once the issue is sorted out.
> > >

> > It has been noted on the devel list that it only seems to fail if the
> > time zone is set
> > to Europe/Dublin.
> >
> > Also, FWIW, when I used timedatectl to set my time zone to
> > Europe/Dublin my
> > system hung when doing an "init 6".
>
> Interesting. Does this happen with Europe/London (which is the exact
> same timezone)?

Possibly. And perhaps not because of the timezone but when the change
is scheduled to happen: 2021-03-28 01:00:00

That's the same datetime as this particular timer:
OnCalendar=Sun *-*-* 01:00:00

That translates as Sun 2021-03-28 01:00:00 as of today. Yesterday that
was Sun 2021-03-21 01:00:00 which is probably why the issue didn't
show up last week.

Further, it might be true that other Europe timezones aren't affected
because their official time change happens at 02:00:00.

--
Chris Murphy