On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 at 10:45, Tom Horsley <horsley1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 08:22:46 -0400
> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
> > This is complexity purely for the sake of having complexity, and
> introducing
> > more unneeded dependencies on the systemd monstrosity.
>
> Didn't this thread start with a warning about raid systems
> hanging at boot? What on earth does raid care what the
> timezone is? Does some raid header somewhere have timestamps
> recorded in local time to emulate Microsoft? :-).

There is a long history of problems going back to UNIX caused by
clock adjustments that result in skipping over the time for some
process to run via cron or at, etc.   There are countermeasures
to handle this, but I suspect it is one of those simple problems
that does not have any robust solutions.  I used schedule stuff
for "random" minutes, never right on the hour.

--
George N. White III