> On 18/11/2021 11:39, linux guy wrote:
>> "And the "rm" man page also does not warn what would happen if one enters
>> "rm -rf /home"."
>>
>> Sorry, not the same context.   Giving an app a directory to use does not
>> allow the app to delete data it didn't create.
>>

> Quite apparently, it does in this case.

Just because dnf does it, it doesn't mean that it is allowed to do it.
In a very technical sense, yes, but then, say, firefox is also allowed
to wipe your home directory. dnf should've created a subdirectory of
/home and wiped *that*, afterwards. Just as other apps are creating
subdirectories of .config and do their thing there.

It's not even a question of which directory we're talking about. dnf
shouldn't even wipe /tmp