> On Dec 11, 2021, at 10:38, Jonathan Billings <billi...@negate.org> wrote:
>
> The thing is, Anacron only runs if you boot after the scheduled job is
> supposed to run out of cron.  It shouldn’t run twice.  So maybe you have your
> backups scheduled in more than one place?

I should be extra clear here - Anacron is what runs the cron.daily (and weekly,
monthly) jobs.  They just will also run shortly after boot on the hour if you
boot later in the day.  Disabling Anacron will break the cron.daily,
cron.weekly, cron.monthly jobs.

So there’s no way they’d run twice unless you have it in more than one
scheduling service/location.

—
Jonathan Billings