On 11/12/2021 22:37, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
I reinstalled the XFCE spin. Previously, the ancient, upgraded, Fedora install
originated as a default Gnome install. I switched to XFCE at some point later.

lightdm used to show my profile picture on my login screen. I have a distinct
recollection of either something in settings, or from the panel that opened a
tool which prompted me to select a picture, interactively crop it, and that
became my profile picture. But I cannot find any readily advertised tool to set
my profile picture, after an XFCE spin install.

A few minutes spent in Google led me to /var/lib/AccountsService/users

Looking in there, I can see that I should be able to set my profile picture by
installing $HOME/.face

Is this actually the way to go, these days? There's nothing in settings that
invites a non-technical user to select their mug shot, for their profile
picture? They'd have to discover this via Google and command line?

Install lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings.  I'm surprised it isn't installed by
default.

--
Did 황준호 die?