Hi folks,

I have a 43" Samsung Smart TV that I am using as a monitor with a ThinkPad P51,
running Fedora 35 Workstation Edition. This laptop has a "NVIDIA Corporation
GM206GLM [Quadro M2200 Mobile] / Mesa IntelĀ® HD Graphics 630 (KBL GT2)"
graphics subsystem. As far as I can make out, I am using the latest NVidia
driver (495.46).

What is unfortunately happening, is that if my laptop goes to sleep, the TV
sees that the source disappears, and "tries to look for the laptop",
repeatedly. This ends up waking up the laptop (sometimes), until the TV
eventually gives up and turns itself off. The problem is then that the laptop
no longer detects that the TV is connected to the HDMI port, and I have to
reboot to allow the laptop to detect the screen again. Xrandr does not detect
the display if run manually, and the Settings app Displays page also doesn't
show the TV.

This is a rather difficult thing to google, I have had zero results in my
searching.

I also tried looking for any logs that would indicate what went wrong, but I
found nothing in the syslog, etc.

Can anyone give me pointers on how I can start debugging this? I am fairly
technical, so can certainly follow instructions. I'm guessing I need to enable
verbose logging for the driver so it can report when new displays are connected
or disconnected, as well as any actions around those events?

Thanks

Rogan