On 1/26/22 14:17, Peter Boy wrote:

Am 25.01.2022 um 18:46 schrieb Thomas Cameron <thomas.came...@camerontech.com>:

I just did a fresh kickstart of F35 Server. I didn't do anything to set the
hostname during installation.

At first boot, I could see that the hostname was set to the reverse DNS-provided hostname
"hostxxx.tc.camerontech.com" - this is normal and expected.

When I log in via ssh or on the KVM console, the hostname is
hostxxx.tc.camerontech.com UNITL I REBOOT.

Once I reboot, the hostname is set up "fedora" with no FQDN. I am assuming it's
somehow being set because of the lines in /etc/profile where the hostname is set, but I'm
not sure.

Disabling systemd-resolved might not be the best idea. That makes you a good
candidate for surprise follow-up problems elsewhere.

I’m wondering, if something is wrong with your DHCP / DNS service.

I think I figured out what he's doing and I'm kind of surprised that it works at all. He's expecting the system to use its IP address to lookup its hostname. That seems wrong. Maybe what is working is that the installer does that lookup and sets the hostname during the install. But that setting has become transient for some reason (which I think I've noticed, but didn't investigate). The DCHP server is the one that's supposed to be supplying the hostname.