Thanks very much! I appear to have not got the emails before this one, so I
will try and answer here.

Also, in the meantime, I run tests from the BIOS but all passed (except for the
battery which has now been removed).

> On 4/13/22 16:09, Tom Horsley wrote:
> > On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 15:56:20 -0700
> > Samuel Sieb wrote:
> >
> > > Generally the only thing that could be screeching is the fan or maybe a
> > > DVD drive.  Can you listen to localize more specifically where the sound
> > > is coming from?

There is no DVD. It is possible that it is the fan, and that is my suspicion
but I can not tell. It does happen only when there is some sort of activity in
the disk. This is not the usual mild rattling sound that happens almost all the
time, but screeching at times.

> > Seems like it would have to be moving parts like that.

Agreed, but the BIOS passed it FWIW. The fan also appears to blow air all
right, with a lot of gusto, but that is usual.

> > Or maybe there is a screech virus playing screech noises from the
> > speakers :-).

Possible, but it is not in the speakers. And sound plays fine.

> I did consider the possibility of it being the speaker, but I was going to
> wait for further information.

Please feel free to ask.

Thank you again!!

Best wishes,