On Apr 18, 2022, at 16:48, Jack Craig <jack.craig.ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> so with my 49" smart tv, and the half dozen or so resolutions, how do i know
> which work without pressing apply?

It will automatically revert the resolution after you select Apply and don’t
confirm it works in the confirmation dialog. Just wait 30 seconds.

If it is really messing up your display in such a way that the display never
reverts, and is somehow still saving the resolution, that’s a bug and should be
reported. However it should do that. The only thing I can think of is that you
somehow blindly clicked the button last time.

--
Jonathan Billings