On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 10:50:03PM +0200, Peter Boy wrote:

Am 18.07.2022 um 22:18 schrieb Peter Boy <p...@uni-bremen.de>:

I got it finally working.

After some tests: It isn’t.

The programs I have to start depend on the existence of some (virtual)
network interfaces. rc.local is ordered after network.target, which
doesn’t mean, the network is functional then. Therefore, the program
start via rc.local is in indeterministic process. Sometimes it works,
sometimes not, sometimes only for some.

Maybe this from: SYSTEMD-RC-LOCAL-GENERATOR(8)
   Also note that rc-local.service is ordered after network.target, which
   does not mean that the network is functional, see systemd.special(7).

   If the script requires a configured network connection, it may be
   desirable to pull in and order it after network-online.target with a
   drop-in:

       # /etc/systemd/system/rc-local.service.d/network.conf
       [Unit]
       Wants=network-online.target
       After=network-online.target

Documentation mentions a drop in at
/etc/systemd/system/rc-local.service.d/network.conf. But there is no
subdirectory  /etc/systemd/system/rc-local.service.d/

Should I really mess around with vim and mkdir in the directories
managed by the distribution? Seems like a bad idea to me.

Or have I missed something?