On Tue, 2022-10-18 at 19:37 +0300, jarmo wrote:
> How about, when you are in X, just open konsole and typ there sudo dnf
> update ?

That's all I ever do.  In all the years I've been using Linux, I've
never had an update on a running system foul it up.

Naturally that's going to depend on what you run on your computer.  If
I had vital complex databases I'd be far more cautious.

Sure, I've discovered that Firefox and LibreOffice didn't like
continuing to run after an update, but that's no big surprise, and not
difficult to deal with.  I learnt to save files and quit them
beforehand.  Though I've certainly kept on using my computer while
updates are happening.

But, I usually just quit running applications, do a dnf/yum update,
look at what will be updated and decide whether to do it now or later,
decide whether I think a logout & login, or a reboot will be needed.
But often an update is only one thing that I'm not currently using, and
isn't currently even loaded.  At least my modern computer doesn't take
long to reboot.  Rebooting used to be a major timewaster with my past
dinosaurs, so I'm still in the mindset of not doing it for the sake of
it.

--

uname -rsvp
Linux 5.19.14-200.fc36.x86_64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Oct 5 21:31:17

Boilerplate:  All unexpected mail to my mailbox is automatically
deleted.
I will only get to see the messages that are posted to the mailing
list.