Thanks!

The most significant difference (for me) is the output of resolvectl. With
Network-Manager vpn I get this in the section Global:

Global
       Protocols: LLMNR=resolve -mDNS -DNSOverTLS DNSSEC=no/unsupported
resolv.conf mode: stub

With Cisco VPN this section looks like this:

Global
         Protocols: LLMNR=resolve -mDNS -DNSOverTLS DNSSEC=no/unsupported
  resolv.conf mode: foreign
Current DNS Server: 192.168.3.133
       DNS Servers: 192.168.3.33 192.168.3.133
        DNS Domain: fritz.box ***-***.de
The entry with the stars is the vpn Domain of my company.

Could this be the relevant part?

The strange thing is: if I terminate the vpn connection with the Cisco client
and activete it through network-manager, the Global section gives me the DNS
Domain of my company. But after a restart of the system the network-manager vpn
does not make that entry/change on its own.

Regards
Tibor