On Thu, 2023-05-04 at 17:42 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> > I have two messages held for moderation, each reported with the
> > following message. One of them is 53,454 bytes, the other is  44,018
> > bytes. What's going on?
> >
> > I would not normally trouble the list about this, but they have been
> > pending for two days and there seems to be no way to reach the
> > moderator.
>
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> If we could, we'd probably have the list reject instead of
> hold, as there's generally not much chance we will approve
> large messages.  But that's not something we can configure
> at the list admin level in mailman (AFAIK).
>
> It's better to trim the output than wait for the messages to
> be approved or rejected.
>
> The list owners / moderators can be reached via the
> ${list}-ow...@lists.fedoraproject.org.  The list info page
> does include this information.

I see; the headers to your last message amount to about 10 Kbytes. But I
would have expected that even with headers, a message of about 44 Kbytes
would be under 60 Kbytes. I already trimmed the text size down from
about 53 Kbytes to abpit 44 Kbytes.

I guess a message of more than about 30 Kbytes of text should not be
expected to go through. In the future I will save long files to Google
Docs and send a link. Bother!

--
Sincerely Jonathan Ryshpan <jonr...@pacbell.net>

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
stupidity.
 -- Hanlon's razor