On Mon, May 08, 2023 at 08:28:30PM -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
...snip...

> That could save some time in moderation and make things
> clearer for list members.

Yeah, I agree... I don't have time to work on this right now, but can
add it to my list. Or if you want to submit a PR:
https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/ansible

There are some lists where we do pass large emails through sometimes.
For example the devel list when there's a very large rawhide compose
report or the like. But I'm fine changing this template to avoid
confusion. ;)

> I hesitate to suggest increasing the maximum size as all
> that does is ensure we'll have this same conversation when
> folks wonder why they can't send messages larger than 100k
> (or whatever size) to the list).  But if 60k really is too
> small, it is an option.

Yeah. Perhaps 100k would be better?
I think that would pass more of these and 100k isn't nearly as bad as it
used to be.

> I do think we should adjust the list guidelines to not
> recommend the use of fpaste. Since it migrated to
> paste.centos.org and has a maximum 24 hour paste life, I
> don't think it's remotely useful or helpful for mailing
> list usage.

yep. Absolutely.

kevin