On Sun, Nov 19, 2023 at 2:02 PM Ranjan Maitra via users <
users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Sun Nov19'23 05:35:19PM, Barry wrote:
> > From: Barry <ba...@barrys-emacs.org>
> > Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 17:35:19 +0000
> > To: Community support for Fedora users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org>
>  >

> > > It is possible that there is a bug in the code itself, but nothing
> above
> > > points to my created code.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions? Or is this a bug?
> >
> > Are you using C extensions in your code? If so I would suspect them for
> corrupting python. I think you can get into gdb inside the core file with
> coredumpctl debug.
>
> The python code calls a shared object library that is written in C. But
> why does this core dump only happen in F39 (python 3.12) and not with
> F38 (python 3.11)?

There were some big changes in 3.12 (driven by the need to support Fortran
on
Windows and macOS by replacing very old gfortran version with flang-new).
I havrn't
had time to look at what is being used in linux, but you could get a quick
overview from
ldd.  See: <
https://discuss.python.org/t/why-scipy-builds-for-python-3-12-on-windows-are-a-minor-miracle-especially-in-conda-forge/38270

There is also new build system, so a lot of work getting everything working
in 3.12.  Meanwhile
you can run 3.11 stuff using python environments.

--
George N. White III