On 2/25/24 4:52 AM, George N. White III wrote:
On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 7:39 PM home user <mattis...@comcast.net
<mailto:mattis...@comcast.net>> wrote:

    [...]
    I wrestled for many days this past fall trying to make a working LiveUSB.
Couldn't

    get it to work.  I was able to establish that neither the sticks nor the
ports were the problem.

When wrestling with this last fall, booting from a LiveUSB sometimes failed, sometimes
succeeded.  I did not sense any pattern to it.  If the boot from a LiveUSB succeeded, the
workstation would lock up quite quickly (few minutes) afterwards.  I could not sense any
pattern to it.  By the way, the LiveUSB sticks were made using the "Fedora Media
Writer" in Gnome.

I find that upgrading Fedora more than a few times leaves you with a system
that isn't
the same as a fresh install.  That can lead to confusion when trying to solve
problems.

Having a way to boot Fedora from other media can be useful when Fedora has
issues.

There have been systems configured so they wouldn't boot from USB.

If my workstation is so configured, it's not by my knowing, intentional doing.

Does yours have
space for an extra internal drive?  If a friend has a system with a couple USB
ports that will
boot a Fedora Live USB you could put a drive in a USB case and install Fedora
in BIOS
mode, then add the drive to your system.

--
George N. White III

For multiple reasons (some private), this is not an option for me.