On 03/22/2024 12:02 PM, Bill Oliver wrote:
I have, in the past, successfully gotten around firewalls that only
allow http/https on tcp by setting the port for ssh to 80,8080,443 or
8443.

And if I ever ran into one of those I'd be complaining loud and long and challenging their claims to providing "free WiFi." My laptops still get their email via POP3 and send it through SMTP, and blocking those ports would prevent me from using their so-called free WiFi. I'd bet that anybody who needed to use a VPN to get work done while on the road would soon learn not to use that chain at any time.