On 7/28/24 11:03 PM, Tim wrote:

[... snip ...]
Getting back to the boot messages, there's a couple of levels of
verbosity.  If you simply switch off the graphical boot screen (with
just the progress bar), then you get to see what's going on.  If you
remove the quiet parameter from the boot kernel line, you get to see
even more things fly by.  You may see more info about what the system
discovers about your hardware, that way.

My boot kernel line has neither "quiet" nor "plymouth".  I see no progress bar
during boot.  I prefer seeing the messages.  That lets me see things are progressing, and makes me
aware when there might be something needing attention.