2011/8/31 Ranjan Maitra <mai...@iastate.edu>

> Well, you need to let us know more specifics for us to be any use at
> all.
>
> Where did you get this file? If it is a flash plugin you need, which is
> what I suspect, just download it from Adobe and install. (Of course,
> what exactly you need to know will also depend on what exactly your
> system is.)
>
> Ranjan
>
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:11:23 -0500 Michael Hennebry
> <henne...@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
>
> > How do I play a
> > Macromedia Flash data (compressed), version 10 aka
> > Shockwave Flash file (application/x-shockwave-flash) file.
> > The former came from the file command, the latter from right-clicking.
> > The first time, right-clicking produced an offer to search for a package.
> > I clicked on yes .
> > During the install, I got a "warning" about something aborting.
> > Now right clicking produces an offer to open
> > with vnc2swf Screen Recordings Player.
> > It doesn't work.
> > A window comes up and disappears without even achieving opacity.
> > How do I play the file?
> >
> > --
> > Michael   henne...@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
> > "Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
> > Optimist:   The glass is half full.
> > Engineer:   The glass is twice as big as it needs to be."
> > --

is it a "swf" file? ok... You have 3 ways to do it:

For editing:

1) Use "Vectorian Giotto" - http://vectorian.com/giotto/ under Wine (You
need the Microsoft Fonts Package installed) -
http://physics.bgu.ac.il/DOWNLOADS/RPMs/msttcorefonts-2.0-1.noarch.rpm

2) Use any version of Adobe/Macromedia Flash under a VM in VirtualBox

For just viewing:

3) Click with left button of the mouse, hit "Open With" and Open it with
firefox.

--
Manuel Escudero
Linux User #509052