On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 08:25:25PM -0700, J D wrote:

> By "rigid" I mean that the task bar cannot be moved to right vertical side,
> and app launch bar cannot be moved to left vertical side. That's
> all. Otherwise,
> you are right that it is almost identical to Gnome2.
>
> Cheers,
>
> JD
> --
Hi again JD,
Assuming I understand what you mean by taskbar, on my machine, I just
right-clicked my bottom panel (which contains my taskbar), and chose
"Panel Preferences" from the "Panel" sub-menu. In that window, making
sure "Panel 2" was selected in the drop-down, I chose Orientation:
Vertical, and unchecked "lock panel". It then went vertical on the left
side of my screen, and I was able to grab it by its top "handle" and
move it to the right, so I had a right-side, vertical taskbar.

Hope this helps (and is what you are looking for).

Jayson