On 06/14/2012 11:12 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
On 14/06/12 10:54, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:23:47 -0400,
  "Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA" <bobgood...@wildblue.net> wrote:

  I've had this trouble with two Cisco E3000 "wireless" routers which
  in addition to that problem fail periodically and have to have the
  ac power switched on and off. That causes complaints from other
  family members. I just bought a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Which has a
  different version of DD-WRT installed "out of the box." It seems to
  be running reliably, for the last 48 hours anyway, but I still can
  not get the logging or access restrictions filtered to work.

You might want to look at OpenWRT as it is more open project than DDWRT and they have build instructions that allow you to do custom builds easily.
They also have a packaging system with lots of optional packages.

Related to this is the CeroWRT project for testing fixes to buffer bloat using a derivative of OpenWRT. But it looks like you might need to do your own builds to play with CeroWRT on a WZR-HP-G300NH.

   I've looked at OpenWRT via googling a few times but was never able
   to decide where to start. I guess I was looking for something I
   could download and install in a specific router model. Perhaps my
approach was wrong? I will have another look there though. Thanks Bruno,

   Bob

http://dd-wrt.com look to top of site and click on Forum, you can get help there.