On 16/06/12 04:11, Heinz Diehl wrote:
On 15.06.2012, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

    Thank you Heinz, I am looking at the Tomato page now. Hopefully I
    can install it on one of the two Cisco E3000s that presently have
    DD-WRT on them.
If it runs on your Cisco router, I'm quite shure that all these
functions will work. I run it on a Linksys (=Cisco) WRT54-GL, and both
logging, filtering and access restriction work perfectly. Also does
QoS (which doesn't work properly on DD-WRT either).

I need to see what the procedure is to install from
DD-WRT. Perhaps it requires restoring the original Linksys software?
That's possible, I just don't know. So far, I flashed 4 WRT-54GL with
Tomato, 2 of them had DD-WRT on it, and 2 carried the original Linksys
firmware. I flashed all of them via the Admin function in the setup,
and that worked.

   I tried Tomato for the WRT54 since there was nothing available for
   the E3000. That did not work, got a flashing blue power indicator
   and lost browser access, can't ping either. I wired in an RS232 db9
   connector to try recovering control via tftp but no luck so far with
   that, all I get using minicom is a couple of lines of oriental
   characters which I can't read, if they mean anything?

   The project requires more work I guess ... I'll see what else I can
   find later, have other things to do for now.

   Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box7