On 06/22/2012 08:47 PM, Tim wrote:
On Fri, 2012-06-22 at 14:28 +0200, suvayu ali wrote:
I don't know the details but if this makes all Flash sites start
working reliably on Linux, I would be willing to put up with work
arounds like using VMs for a year or two.
If by "VM" you mean Windows software working in a virtual machine, then
that's /not/ something I'm willing to do.  Even if my hardware was meaty
enough to run one OS inside another, or partial emulations of the
Windows environment, I don't want any part of that lousy programming
scheme on my PC.

I really do not see using Windows inside a box, inside a box, as being
any better than just running Windows natively.  The entire ethos of
programming for Windows seems to be done by idiots.  For instance, how
many decades of buffer overruns does it take before they get it through
their thick heads that you have to handle input properly?  Or that you
don't just execute random data coming through the internet?  Or that
dropping security, running as admin, etc, is not the correct answer to
working around some daft programming?

Had to bust out laughing after reading this! I agree with you Tim! I think the only reason someone would go the VM route would be to access or do something on a Windows box without having to give up their Linux. As for the buffer overruns and other "maladies" seen on Windows throughout the years, from the B.S.O.D.'s to the system freezes, it seems that most of the moves made by Windows and Microsoft in general were geared towards making as much money as they possibly could! LoL! Thanks for giving me a morning joke!