On 2012-08-05 02:00, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 08/05/2012 07:24 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:

This is the second time that it happens:
The uograde from fedora 16 to 17 fails with the message:
The /usr merge script failed. THis is required for Fedora 17 to work. The upgrade cannot continue.

Then, it is impossible to boor on the previous installation.

This is a real serious bug (x86_64)

I may be a serious problem.  But it won't get addressed if you don't
file a *detailed* bugzilla.  On your F16 system, did you have /usr on
a separate partition?

Yes,

I have /
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/local
/home

(Old fashion, like it was recommanded a while ago).

An upgrade failure is annoying.  But, should never be fatal.  In that
doing a backup before hand simply results in one doing a fresh
install.
Yes I have a backup, but it would better to undertsand before reinstalling again because this failure is reproducible. In fact probably very little need to repaired.
I have other machines to update.

Thank.

--
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying