Am 17.02.2013 21:22, schrieb jonc:
> On 02/17/2013 12:38 PM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>>
>> I believe there is, in fact, a way to reasonably reliably gauge broader
>> opinion. While Fedora doesn't seem to
>> have the sort of a community that is prepared to fork or repackage the
>> distribution at a moment's displeasure,
>> Ubuntu does, and there are number of variants favouring different desktop
>> environments.
>>
>> Gordan
>
> Fedora offers 9 versions http://spins.fedoraproject.org/ in addition to the
> mainline release, including KDE,
> XFCE, and LXDE.  That's in addition to the availability of MATE and Cinnamon
> in the mainline release.

these are not really 9 versions

a spin more or less a different set of default packages with
a different defaut desktop and contains NOTHING you could
not install with the DVD-ISO

that said: if there is a probelem with a fedora release
because basic components are switched in a to soon level
of development this would affect ANY spin

example: systemd, it was broken in F15 and affected all
spins, broken in the way most services not converted and
supressing most warnings/errors of services to maek it
impossible debug them in a sane way