On 06/04/13 10:56, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
No. I gave up on it after it failed miserably on a couple of test upgrades in the early phases of f18. May-be it has seen improvements since then, but I didn't look back at it, since then, because I found the procedures outlined on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_17_-.3E_Fedora_18
so far worked reliably.

Ralf
I just tried the procedure offered there to upgrade F18/64 XFCE to F19 and it appears to have produced a working system. I rebooted and tried most applications, everything appears to work as it did before the upgrade even though it's not a released version.

The process is simple enough, it took some time, must have been more than an hour, I went to town to pick up horse feed while it ran and it was still finishing when I got back.

From my one try I would say the upgrade method is the easiest I've tried, no reconfiguration to mess with!

Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD