Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 06.04.2013 16:41, schrieb Mihamina Rakotomandimby:
On 2013-04-06 17:11, Richard Shaw wrote:
     So the question is, is everybody been happy with the upgrade process via
     FedUp lately?
For me no. I've tried it twice for F-17->18 and both times it was a
complete disaster.

I made a fresh install for my F17 -> F18 upgrade

that's not the question

Well, the question was not "what did you do instead," so Mihamina at least did at least provide an answer to the yes/no original question.

you can avoid Fedup easily by a yum-upgrade, the instructions are
clear and working fine since many years/releases and not preupgrade
nor fedup nor re-install where needed at least since Fedorfa Core 3

The instructions which you mentioned without saying where you found such clear guidance. If you're going to help, post a link to what you feel is useful. I know what you're talking about, but I haven't found that just diddling yum will run anything to handle required changes in config file, depending on hardware.

For the record, NO I am not happy with fedup, I have never yet had it work in any sensible way, or produce any useful system after running. I admit that I don't have a lot of systems with nothing but a Fedora install on it, and not all my systems use the default file layout, but an upgrade of any kind should use what's there.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>