> Actually, IMO, there is no reason to have to explain yourself, defend
> yourself, or to be concerned with any opinions others have formed about
> you, or your situation.
>
> Some fine points were made on technical merits.  You should be able to
> ponder those points and make a decision based on your circumstances.   It
> should be easy to ignore the non-technical areas.

On the basis BIL is ... lacking ... and fears RHEL/CentOS for no good
reason then besto to go either Ubuntu LTS or Scientific Linux (teh latter
would be my preference) but not to mention the RHEL heritage - just call it
an enterprise level Linux used by the scientific experts in CERN!

At least it keep compatibility close for such time he might be able to go
proper RHEL.... Fedora is still flat out the wrong option for this scenario
- especially with the existing CentOS labs.